Creekbank Blog

The writing blog of Curt Iles and Creekbank Stories. Our mission: To connect hearts to God by using stories of encouragement and inspiration.

Friday, June 23, 2006

From Curt.... Friday, June 23, 2006

Greetings from Dry Creek... The special place I call home.
Let me share news from The Creekbank...

We put up our new website today. Visit us at www.creekbank.net
I'd like to ask you as a reader and friend to visit The Creekbank and give us your input. Feel free to point out grammatical errors, puncuation, non-clarity, etc. . Each of you are my partners and I need your help to be the best God wants me to be in every way.

I'm doing the same thing myself as I visit each page of the website.

My big project I'm working on this month is finishing a manuscript for a book entitled The Mockingbird's Song. It is sub-titled "Essays on Overcoming Depression and Discouragement."
It contains stories, essays, and encouragement from my bouts with depression.

I want to publish it for one reason only- To bring glory to God and help others who are hurting.
An early draft is available on the website. (From the homepage, go to Literature and then to The Mockingbird's Song. Click for entire.) I'll be sharing updates as it unfolds.

I am preaching this Sunday morning (June 25) at Good Hope Baptist in Singer. My friend, Pastor Ray Bourque has just had back surgery. I am speaking on "Integrity and Character" as shown by Joseph in Genesis 39 at the house of Potiphar. If you'd like an outline or manuscript of the sermon, e mail me and I'll gladly send it.

Pray for me as I prepare and share.

Curt