Creekbank Blog

The writing blog of Curt Iles and Creekbank Stories. Our mission: To connect hearts to God by using stories of encouragement and inspiration.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009


At The Old House my "writing room" guarded by my writing assistant Ivory.

I'm a member of a wonderful writing group called "Ripplers." We have a weekly discussion topic.

This week's topic is "finding inspiration to write." There are several ideas I have. As always, your comments and ideas are welcome.

Writing Inspiration


Inspiration does exist, but it must find you working. -Picasso



Don't we all struggle with inspiration and "putting our seat in the seat and writing?" Even though I "write full time" it is a daily struggle for me also. I constantly juggle the tension of "fresh writing" with marketing/promotion/speaking which help allow me to write for a living.

I'm just thankful for the privilege and joy of writing. It is hard work but makes me feel most alive.


Here are three things I try to do:

1. Use a writing calendar. On my desk calendar, Outlook calendar, and journal, I sketch out story ideas and goals. Emmett Smith (former NFL star) said, "If it's in your head, it's just a dream. When you write it down, it becomes a goal." Good advice for any endeavor.

2. Have a secluded place(s) dedicated for writing that has limited interruptions. (My "greatest interrupter" is named Curt Iles and the many distractions he can see.) My best writing place is our old family ("The Old House") log cabin in the woods near my home. There are no luxuries, phone, it's at the end of a dead road, and my "Dry Creek paper shredder" (the fireplace) works great. There's something about tossing old pages into a fire that is very fulfilling. I'm sure some psychologist would like to study this habit of mine.

We each need various "old house" types of places to write. They must be created or found.

3. On my windows Desktop I use the feature called "Briefcase." It is my "fresh writing" folder where I go to review what short writing I'm working on. Next to it on the Desktop is my folder "Maternity Ward." It's where I keep the current book projects. I use silly names but they remind me what I'm doing.

Thanks for allowing me to share about this subject every writer, at every stage, struggles with.

Curt Iles

"Duty makes us do things well, but love makes us do them beautifully."
-Zig Ziglar

To receive our weekly blog, e-mail curtiles@aol.com and reply in subject line: "send blog"

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html]in wetter[/url]

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html]wetter weltweit[/url]

 
At 2:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey.

A banks is a financial institution that accepts deposits and channels those deposits into lending activities. Bank primarily provide financial services to customers while enriching investors. Government restrictions on financial activities by banks vary over time and location. Bank are important players in financial markets and offer services such as investment funds and loans. In some countries such as Germany, banks have historically owned major stakes in industrial corporations while in other countries such as the United States bank are prohibited from owning non-financial companies. In Japan, banks are usually the nexus of a cross-share holding entity known as the keiretsu. In France, bancassurance is prevalent, as most banks offer insurance services (and now real estate services) to their clients.

The level of government regulation of the banking industry varies widely, with countries such as Iceland, having relatively light regulation of the banking sector, and countries such as China having a wide variety of regulations but no systematic process that can be followed typical of a communist system.[url=http://projectcontrol.v3host.nl]CLICK HERE[/url]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home