Creekbank Blog

The writing blog of Curt Iles and Creekbank Stories. Our mission: To connect hearts to God by using stories of encouragement and inspiration.

Monday, September 28, 2009

On Being "A Friendly Hermit."

Coming home from very lonely places, all of us go a little mad: whether from great personal success, or just an all-night drive, we are the sole survivors of a world no one else has ever seen.
- John le Carre


My writing/speaking nickname is "The Friendly Hermit." It's because I wear two hats and live two often separate lives.

In my public life of speaking, I enjoy being among crowds and sharing stories. I love people and want to be among them to encourage and influence my world. During the coming week, I'll have four speaking opportunities.

Then there is my private writing world. To write one must get away from life's wonderful distractions. Therefore, I spend part of my week alone, writing, thinking, dreaminig, visualizing.

I love both the solitude and the people. I'm thankful for both.

My prayer: Jesus, teach me to have balance in my life. The balance between "walking slowly among the crowds" as You did, and stepping aside as you commanded. "Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest." (Mark 6:31 NIV)

Teach me Lord.
Amen.


This week's speaking:
Today, Sept. 28 Funeral for Ruby Moses Sherer 2:00 PM
Tuesday, Sept. 29 Dry Creek Camp Sr. Adult Day 10:00 AM
Sunday, Oct. 4 First Baptist Jennings AM and PM services

1 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger Fliterary said...

I love your prayer, Curt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home